Asian style stir fried chicken
|Boneless chicken breasts||3 (Chicken Cutlets)|
|Canned bamboo shoots||5 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Stalk celery||1 Small|
|Sweet red pepper/1 can/4 ounce jar pimientos||1 Small|
|Vegetable oil||4 Tablespoon|
|Dry sherry||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Soy sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Chicken broth||1 Cup (16 tbs) (From About 14 Ounce Can)|
|Precooked rice||2 Cup (32 tbs) (From 14 Ounce Package)|
|Boiling water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Pull skin from chicken breasts; slice meat thin. Trim mushrooms and slice. Drain bamboo shoots and slice, if needed; trim green onions and celery; slice both thin. Halve red pepper, seed, and dice. (If using pimientos, drain and cut into strips.)
2. Saute chicken quickly in vegetable oil in a large frying pan 3 minutes, or until chicken turns white.
3. Stir in mushrooms, bamboo shoots, green onions, celery and red pepper; saute 2 minutes. Stir in sherry and soy sauce; cover. Cook 2 minutes, or until vegetables are crisply tender.
4. Blend cornstarch into chicken broth until smooth in a small bowl; stir into frying pan. Cook, stirring constantly, until sauce thickens and boils for 3 minutes.
5. While chicken mixture cooks, prepare rice with boiling water and salt, following label directions. Spoon around edge on a large serving platter; spoon chicken mixture on top. Garnish with a half mushroom and serve with additional soy sauce, if you wish.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1867 Calories from Fat 608
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 69 g105.6%
Saturated Fat 9.9 g49.4%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 299.3 mg99.8%
Sodium 3572.5 mg148.9%
Total Carbohydrates 160 g53.3%
Dietary Fiber 9.6 g38.3%
Sugars 13.8 g
Protein 141 g281%
Vitamin A 111.7% Vitamin C 315.5%
Calcium 12.5% Iron 67%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet