Chicken Liver Noodles
|Bacon slices||3 , cut into 2 inch pieces|
|Chicken livers||1 Pound, halved|
|Onions||2 Medium, peeled and quartered|
|Green peppers||2 Medium, quartered and seeded|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Instant chicken broth/2 chicken-bouillon cubes||1⁄2 Ounce (Two 1/4 Ounce Envelopes)|
|Thyme leaf||1⁄4 Teaspoon, crumbled|
|Bay leaf||1 Small|
|Hot cooked noodles||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
1. Saute bacon until crisp in a medium-size frying pan; remove and drain on paper toweling. Pour off all drippings.
2. Saute livers slowly in same pan 3 to 5 minutes, or just until they lose their pink color; remove and set aside
3. Stir onions and green peppers into frying pan. Sprinkle with flour and paprika, then stir in water, chicken broth, thyme and bay leaf; cover. Simmer 15 minutes, or until onions are tender; remove bay leaf.
4. Add chicken livers to sauce; heat 5 minutes, or until bubbly.
5. Spoon noodles onto serving plates; top with liver mixture; sprinkle with bacon.