Pistachio Cream Filled Profiteroles With Chocolate Sauce
|Choux pastry ingredients:|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Pistachio cream ingredients|
|Pistachio nuts||1 Cup (16 tbs) (without the shells)|
|Double cream||1 Cup (16 tbs) (lightly whipped)|
|Icing sugar||1 Tablespoon|
|Chocolate sauce ingredients:|
|Good quality plain chocolate||300 Gram|
|Golden syrup||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Orange||1 Large, juice extracted|
CHOUX PASTRY DIRECTIONS:
1. Take water in a saucepan. Add the butter in little bits.
2. While the butter is melting, sift the flour on a parchment paper. Add salt and 1 tsp sugar to it.
3. By now the water in the saucepan would have come to rolling boil. Add the flour, all at once and beat like crazy. Beat until it is smooth.
4. Transfer it to a bowl and cool. Break and beat 3 eggs.
5. Add little beaten egg to the flour mixture and mix. Mix all the egg mixture into the flour and form a nice and shiny paste.
6. In a baking tray, sprinkle 1 tbsp water. Then, in a frosting bag, pour a little flour mixture, seal it and make small pastries of equal size. Leave space between them because they would rise while baking.
7. Once the pastry are on the tray, wet your finger tip and press the top pointed portion of the pastry to prevent it from burning while baking. Bake them at 200 degrees for 25 minutes.
8. When they are out of the oven, let them cool down, turn them over and make a small hole at the bottom with the help of a knife. Let the steam evaporate out of the pastry. If the pastry seems soggy, keep it with the hole side up back into the oven for 5 minutes.
9. Let it cool completely before filling in the cream.
CHOCOLATE SAUCE DIRECTIONS:
10. Melt chocolate over a pan of gently simmering water. Break the chocolate and keep in the bowl. Do not stir.
11. Add the golden syrup and orange juice. Keep it until is just melts.
PISTACHIO CREAM DIRECTIONS:
12. Take the cold cream in a bowl and whip it with hand. Chop the pistachio nuts with knife.
13. Add the chopped nuts to the whisked cream and mix gently. Add icing sugar and mix very lightly with a spoon.
14. Put this mixture in a frosting bag and fill through the bottom hole of the pastry.
15. You can fill the pastry 1/2 an hour before serving and drizzle the warm chocolate sauce just before serving.
16. Serve with your favorite beverage and enjoy!