|Corn oil||15 Milliliter (1 Tablespoon)|
|Carrots||125 Milliliter, diced (1/2 Cup)|
|Celery||125 Milliliter, sliced (1/2 Cup)|
|Flour||30 Milliliter (2 Tablespoons)|
|Cubed beef||1 Pound|
|Pureed tomatoes||15 Milliliter (1 Tablespoon)|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), finely chopped|
|Beef stock||500 Milliliter (2 Cups)|
|Dry red wine||60 Milliliter (1/4 Cup)|
|Mushrooms||1⁄2 Pound, sliced|
– In a stove-top casserole, heat oil and saute carrots with onions and celery.
– Dredge beef cubes with flour, add to vegetables and sear on all sides.
– Add seasoning ingredients.
– Pour beef stock and wine over meat to cover. Add a small amount of water if there is not enough liquid, and let mixture simmer for
1 1/2 hours, covered.
– Twenty minutes before cooking ends, add mushrooms.