Orange And Lemon Souffle
|Unflavored gelatin||2 Tablespoon (2 Envelopes)|
|Water||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Orange flavor liqueur||2 Tablespoon|
|Eggs||5 , separated (At Room Temperature)|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Heavy cream/Whipping cream||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1. Prepare collar for 1 1/2-quart souffle dish: From roll of waxed paper, tear off 24-inch strip; fold lengthwise into 24" by 6" strip. Wrap strip around outside of dish so collar stands about 3 inches above rim. Secure collar with cellophane tape.
2. Grate 2 teaspoons peel from 1 orange and 2 teaspoons peel from 1 lemon; set aside. Squeeze 1 cup juice from oranges; squeeze 1/2 cup juice from lemons. Set aside.
3. In 1-quart saucepan, sprinkle gelatin evenly over water; let stand 1 minute to soften slightly. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until gelatin completely dissolves. Remove saucepan from heat.
4. Stir orange juice, lemon juice, orange and lemon peel, and orange-flavor liqueur into gelatin mixture. Pour mixture into small bowl; cover and refrigerate, stirring occasionally, until mixture mounds slightly when dropped from a spoon, about 30 minutes.
5. About 10 minutes before gelatin is ready, in small bowl, with mixer at high speed, beat egg whites until soft peaks form; gradually sprinkle in 1/4 cup sugar, beating until sugar completely dissolves and whites stand in stiff peaks.
6. In another small bowl, with same beaters, and mixer at medium speed, beat heavy cream and vanilla extract until soft peaks form.
7. In large bowl, with same beaters and with mixer at medium speed, beat egg yolks and 1 cup sugar until light and lemon-colored. Slowly beat in gelatin mixture.
8. Fold beaten egg whites and whipped-cream mixture into yolk mixture. Spoon mixture into souffle dish; refrigerate until set.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2206 Calories from Fat 1406
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 159 g245.2%
Saturated Fat 90.9 g454.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1550.6 mg516.9%
Sodium 551.7 mg23%
Total Carbohydrates 135 g45%
Dietary Fiber 15.1 g60.2%
Sugars 103.1 g
Protein 69 g137.5%
Vitamin A 148.9% Vitamin C 452.5%
Calcium 62.7% Iron 34.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet