|Butter||75 Milliliter (5 Tablespoon)|
|Flour||60 Milliliter (1/4 Cup)|
|White of leek||1 , chopped|
|French shallots||2 , finely sliced (Dry Shallots)|
|Fiddlehead||1 Pound (450 Gram)|
|Chicken stock||750 Milliliter (3 Cups)|
|Watercress||60 Milliliter (1/4 Cup)|
|Parsley||30 Milliliter (2 Tablespoon)|
|15% cream||60 Milliliter (1/4 Cup)|
– In a skillet, melt 1/4 cup (60 ml) butter, then add flour, stir and set aside.
– In a saucepan, melt 1 tbsp (15 ml) butter and saute leek whites and shallots until transparent.
– Meanwhile, set aside 18 fiddlehead greens for garnish. Dice remaining fiddlehead greens, add to leek-shallot mixture.
– Pour chicken stock over vegetables and simmer until vegetables are tender to taste. Remove from heat and pass vegetables through sieve. Set cooking juice aside.
– In a separate saucepan, pour cooking juice and add butter-flour roux to liquid and cook over medium heat.
– Add vegetables, watercress, parsley and cream and adjust seasoning, then set aside.
– Arrange crepes in serving dishes. Garnish each crepe with 1/2 cup (125 ml) fiddlehead veloute and fold crepe. Garnish each crepe with 3 whole fiddlehead greens.