Microwave Coquilles Saint Jacques
|Lemon juice||3 Tablespoon|
|Fresh mushrooms||1 Pound, cleaned and sliced lengthwise|
|Dry white wine||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Ground thyme||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Butter/Margarine||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|All purpose flour||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Dry bread crumbs||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
1. Put 2 tablespoons butter, lemon juice and mushrooms into an 8-inch square glass baking dish. Cook uncovered in microwave oven 5 minutes at High; stir once. Drain mushrooms and set aside.
2. Combine wine, thyme, bay leaf, salt and pepper in the glass baking dish. Add scallops. Cover with plastic wrap. Cook in microwave oven 5 minutes at High, or until tender; stir once. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup broth. Discard bay leaf. Add mushrooms to scallops in dish. Set aside.
3. Melt 1 1/2 tablespoons butter in a 1-quart glass measuring pitcher in microwave oven (about 30 seconds at High). Add flour and blend to
a smooth paste. Add milk and reserved broth gradually, stirring constantly. Cook uncovered 5 minutes at High, or until thickened; stir after 3 minutes, then every 30 seconds.
4. Add white sauce to mushrooms and scallops; mix thoroughly.
5. Melt 3 tablespoons butter in a 2-cup glass measuring cup in microwave oven (about 1 minute at High). Add bread crumbs and mix well. Sprinkle over scallop mixture.
6. Cook uncovered in microwave oven 4 minutes at High; rotate dish one-half turn once.