Chicken Fricassee With Half And Half
|Stewing chicken||4 1⁄2 Pound, cut into pieces and rinsed (1 Piece)|
|Onion||1 Medium, peeled and quartered|
|Mushroom||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chopped parsley||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Boiling water||6 Cup (96 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Half and half||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
1. Put chicken pieces, gizzard, heart and neck into a 4-quart microwave-oven-safe casserole. Add onion, mushroom, parsley, bay leaf, salt, peppercorns and boiling water. Cover with a microwave-oven-safe lid.
2. Cook in microwave oven 1 1/2 hours at Medium, or until thickest pieces are tender; rearrange chicken every 30 minutes. Add liver the last 3 minutes of cooking.
3. Remove chicken and giblets from broth. Strain broth and let cool slightly; skim off and reserve 1/4 cup fat.
4. Heat the 1/4 cup fat in the microwave-oven-safe casserole in microwave oven 1 minute at High. Blend in flour. Cook uncovered 1 minute at High, or until bubbly.
5. Add 2 cups chicken broth and the half-and-half gradually to butter-flour mixture, stirring constantly. Cook uncovered in microwave oven 10 to 12 minutes at High, or until thickened and smooth; stir every 3 minutes.
6. Add lemon juice and chicken to sauce; stir. Heat in microwave oven to serving temperature (about 5 minutes at High).