Apricot Or Prune Souffle
|Prune||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||2 Teaspoon|
|Sugar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
1. Chop stewed apricots or stewed pitted prunes finely or rub through a course sieve.
2. Place in a saucepan with the salt, sugar, and lemon juice; cook until the mixture is like jam. Cool.
3. Beat the egg whites until stiff; fold in the fruit pulp.
4. Pile lightly in a buttered baking dish; set the dish in a pan of hot water.
5. Bake in a moderate oven until the center is firm to the touch when pressed lightly with the forefinger.