Classic Fish Souffle
|Soy sauce||1 Teaspoon|
|Fish fillets||1 Pound|
1. Separate eggs. Beat 2 yolks lightly; then combine with salt, pepper, sugar and soy sauce. (Reserve the third yolk for another dish.)
2. Cut each fish fillet crosswise in 3 or 4 pieces; then coat with egg yolk mixture.
3. Heat oil. Carefully add fish pieces and brown lightly, on one side only, over medium heat. Remove pan from heat and turn fish pieces over with a spatula.
4. Meanwhile beat the 3 egg whites until frothy and stiff, but not dry. Spread evenly over browned surface of fish. Return pan to heat and lightly brown underside of fish.
5. Carefully turn fish over so that the egg-white surface is now at the bottom. Turn heat up to medium-high and cook until egg white sets and is golden (about 1 minute).
6. Invert onto a serving platter, egg-white side up. Garnish with catsup, sprinkled over generously and decoratively.