Classic Crabmeat Souffle
|Crabmeat||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Ginger root slice||1 (Use Fresh)|
|Fresh ginger slice||1|
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Stock||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sesame oil||3 Drop|
1. Pick over and flake crabmeat. Mince ginger root and scallion.
2. Heat oil. Add ginger root and scallion; stir-fry a few times. Add crabmeat and stir-fry to heat through. Stir in salt and sherry. Then remove mixture from pan and let cool.
3. In a bowl, combine milk and stock. In a cup, blend cornstarch and cold water to a paste; then blend into milk-stock mixture along with remaining salt.
4. Beat egg whites until frothy and stiff, but not dry. Fold in milk-stock mixture. Then fold in stir-fried crabmeat.
5. Heat remaining oil to smoking. Add crabmeat-egg mixture and cook over medium-high heat, stirring constantly, while gradually adding remaining stock.
6. When mixture thickens, season with salt and pepper to taste. Sprinkle with sesame oil and serve at once.