Pate A La Maison Grand Vefour
|Flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Ground veal||1 Pound|
|Ground pork||1 Pound|
|Chopped parsley||1 Tablespoon|
|Cooked ham||1⁄2 Pound|
|Chopped truffles||1 Tablespoon|
1. Combine all ingredients for the dough and roll out to 1/3 inch thick.
2. For the filling make a mixture of the ground meat by grinding veal and pork together, add egg yolks, and season with salt and pepper and the other spices.
3. Add the cooked ham and the truffles, and place the mixture on the dough.
4. Roll the dough around the mixture (save a little for decoration) and pinch it together at both ends. Place it on a baking sheet. Cut a small strip of the dough and make a band. Place it on top of the roll where the dough sides are overlapping. Seal the band with a beaten egg. This band will keep the dough sealed.
5. Put two chimneys of waxed paper in the roll. This will allow all the liquid to evaporate and the pate will be firm.
6. Bake in a medium hot oven (350°-400°F) for about 1 1/2 hours, for a pate of 4 pounds.
7. Remove the chimneys. Cover the holes with small decorative lids made from leftover dough and brown.