French Raspberry Pie
|Milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Flour||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cream||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), whipped|
|Baked pie shell||1 (9 Inch Deep)|
|Red currant jelly||6 Ounce (1 Glass)|
1. In a double boiler, scald the milk with the vanilla bean. Remove the bean.
2. Mix the flour, sugar and salt. Add a little of the scalded milk, stirring until smooth. Add to the remaining milk in the double boiler and cook, stirring, until thickened.
3. Beat together the egg yolks and the whole egg. Add a little of the hot mixture and stir until smooth. Add to the remaining sauce and cook over simmering water, stirring constantly, until the mixture has thickened.
4. Strain the mixture, cool and fold in the whipped cream. Turn into the baked pie shell and cover with raspberries.
5. Melt the jelly over very low heat, stirring, and pour evenly over the raspberries. Chill.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2989 Calories from Fat 897
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 99 g153%
Saturated Fat 40.3 g201.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1001.1 mg333.7%
Sodium 1913.7 mg79.7%
Total Carbohydrates 490 g163.5%
Dietary Fiber 37.1 g148.5%
Sugars 242.5 g
Protein 49 g98.7%
Vitamin A 36.6% Vitamin C 209.6%
Calcium 91.6% Iron 57.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet