French Raspberry Pie
|Milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Flour||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cream||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), whipped|
|Baked pie shell||1 (9 Inch Deep)|
|Red currant jelly||6 Ounce (1 Glass)|
1. In a double boiler, scald the milk with the vanilla bean. Remove the bean.
2. Mix the flour, sugar and salt. Add a little of the scalded milk, stirring until smooth. Add to the remaining milk in the double boiler and cook, stirring, until thickened.
3. Beat together the egg yolks and the whole egg. Add a little of the hot mixture and stir until smooth. Add to the remaining sauce and cook over simmering water, stirring constantly, until the mixture has thickened.
4. Strain the mixture, cool and fold in the whipped cream. Turn into the baked pie shell and cover with raspberries.
5. Melt the jelly over very low heat, stirring, and pour evenly over the raspberries. Chill.