Carbonnades A La Flamande
|Flour||1 Cup (16 tbs) (For Dredging)|
|Ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Boneless chuck||2 Pound, cut into 1 inch cubes|
|Salad oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Onions||6 Medium, sliced|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), finely chopped|
|Beer||12 Ounce (Bottled/Can)|
|Chopped parsley||1 Tablespoon|
1. Combine flour, salt and pepper. Dredge the meat in the seasoned flour.
2. Heat oil in a skillet. Add onion slices and garlic and cook until tender but not brown. Remove the onions from the skillet.
3. Add the meat and brown on all sides, adding a little more oil if necessary. Return the onions to the skillet.
4. Add the remaining ingredients.
5. Cover and cook over low heat until meat is tender, about one and one-quarter hours.