Carbonnades A La Flamande
|Flour||1 Cup (16 tbs) (For Dredging)|
|Ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Boneless chuck||2 Pound, cut into 1 inch cubes|
|Salad oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Onions||6 Medium, sliced|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), finely chopped|
|Beer||12 Ounce (Bottled/Can)|
|Chopped parsley||1 Tablespoon|
1. Combine flour, salt and pepper. Dredge the meat in the seasoned flour.
2. Heat oil in a skillet. Add onion slices and garlic and cook until tender but not brown. Remove the onions from the skillet.
3. Add the meat and brown on all sides, adding a little more oil if necessary. Return the onions to the skillet.
4. Add the remaining ingredients.
5. Cover and cook over low heat until meat is tender, about one and one-quarter hours.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3409 Calories from Fat 1165
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 131 g201%
Saturated Fat 3.4 g16.8%
Trans Fat 1 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 463.2 mg19.3%
Total Carbohydrates 251 g83.7%
Dietary Fiber 25.7 g102.8%
Sugars 52.9 g
Protein 277 g554.2%
Vitamin A 28.3% Vitamin C 192.8%
Calcium 36.4% Iron 57.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet