Baked Strawberry Souffle
|Sliced strawberries||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Orange juice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Curacao||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Eggs||4 , separated|
|Whipped cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Preheat oven to moderate (375° F.).
2. Combine the strawberries, orange juice, Curasao and sugar to taste.
3. In a saucepan melt the butter, add the flour and stir with a wire whisk until blended. Meanwhile, bring the milk to a boil and add all at once to the butter-flour mixture, stirring vigorously with the whisk. Stir in the slightly beaten egg yolks and cool.
4. Fold in stiffly beaten egg whites.
5. Drain the excess juice from the strawberries and reserve. Place the strawberry mixture in the bottom of a buttered souffle dish sprinkled lightly with sugar. Pour the souffle mixture on top and bake until puffed and golden brown, thirty to forty-five minutes.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2204 Calories from Fat 1296
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 145 g222.9%
Saturated Fat 86.7 g433.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1296.7 mg432.2%
Sodium 446.9 mg18.6%
Total Carbohydrates 157 g52.5%
Dietary Fiber 7.7 g30.7%
Sugars 110.7 g
Protein 40 g80.8%
Vitamin A 51.5% Vitamin C 103.3%
Calcium 52.5% Iron 33.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet