Baked Strawberry Souffle
|Sliced strawberries||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Orange juice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Curacao||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Eggs||4 , separated|
|Whipped cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Preheat oven to moderate (375° F.).
2. Combine the strawberries, orange juice, Curasao and sugar to taste.
3. In a saucepan melt the butter, add the flour and stir with a wire whisk until blended. Meanwhile, bring the milk to a boil and add all at once to the butter-flour mixture, stirring vigorously with the whisk. Stir in the slightly beaten egg yolks and cool.
4. Fold in stiffly beaten egg whites.
5. Drain the excess juice from the strawberries and reserve. Place the strawberry mixture in the bottom of a buttered souffle dish sprinkled lightly with sugar. Pour the souffle mixture on top and bake until puffed and golden brown, thirty to forty-five minutes.