Ok… if you’re having people over, make this!! It’s amazing. So the night before you know you want to eat this, you want to get it all prepared so in the morning all you do is pop it in the oven.
French bread loaf
1 , sliced diagonally
1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)
Half and half
1 Cup (16 tbs)
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)
2 1⁄2 Tablespoon (1/2 tablespoon for greasing and 2 tablespoon for serving)
1 Cup (16 tbs), sliced (Optional)
1 Cup (16 tbs) (syrup of your choice)
1. Grease the bottom and sides of a baking dish with butter.
2. Using a sharp bread knife, cut the French bread diagonally in ½” slices.
3. In a baking dish, arrange the bread slices overlapping each other.
4. Sprinkle brown sugar all over the bread, and in between pieces.
5. In a bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, vanilla, half and half, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
6. Stream the egg mixture all over the bread, to cover all the bread slices.
7. Cover the baking dish with foil, refrigerate and allow to soak over night.
8. Next morning, preheat the oven to 350 F.
9. Take off the foil, and bake the oven for 40 minutes, or until browned on top.
10. Cut in squares and serve with fresh berries, butter, and syrup if desired.