|Milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Heavy cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Cream puff paste||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Grated parmesan cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Melted butter||1 Tablespoon|
1. Preheat oven to moderate (350° F.).
2. Melt the butter in a saucepan, add the flour and stir with a wire whisk until blended. Meanwhile, bring the milk to a boil and add all at once to the butter-flour mixture, stirring vigorously with the wire whisk. Stir in the cream and season to taste with salt and pepper.
3. Bring six quarts lightly salted water to a boil and fill a pastry bag fitted with a round tube (size twelve) with the cream-puff paste. Hold the bag over the boiling water and, as the paste comes through, cut it off in one-inch lengths. Poach the paste three to four minutes and remove from the water to drain.
4. Butter a shallow casserole or au gratin dish and add a thin layer of the cream sauce. Add one or two layers of the gnocchi, covering each with the cream sauce. Sprinkle each layer with grated Parmesan cheese and the top with melted butter.
5. Bake fifteen to twenty minutes.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3072 Calories from Fat 2136
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 241 g370.3%
Saturated Fat 151.8 g759.1%
Trans Fat 4.3 g
Cholesterol 878.4 mg292.8%
Sodium 1282.1 mg53.4%
Total Carbohydrates 180 g60%
Dietary Fiber 2.7 g10.8%
Sugars 80.8 g
Protein 57 g113.2%
Vitamin A 99.8% Vitamin C 1.6%
Calcium 110.8% Iron 27.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet