Fish Fillets Bonne Femme
|Shallots/1 small onion||2 , chopped|
|Sliced mushrooms||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Fish fillets||2 Pound|
|Dry white wine||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|White sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Heavy cream||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Chopped chives||1 Tablespoon|
|Chopped parsley||1 Tablespoon|
1. Preheat oven to moderate (350° F.).
2. Butter a heatproof baking dish. Arrange the shallots and mushrooms on the bottom of the dish and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place the fish on top, add the wine and cover with buttered waxed paper or foil.
3. Bake until the fish flakes easily when tested with a fork, about fifteen minutes.
4. Drain the juices from the baking dish into a saucepan. Cook over moderately high heat until reduced about one-half. Add the white sauce and cream and cook until the sauce has thickened a little. Add the butter in little curls, rotating the pan all the time; this incorporates the butter without rapidly melting it.
5. Pour the sauce over the fillets and sprinkle with the chives and parsley.