Quiche Lorraine With Heavy Cream
|Pastry||1 (For One-Crust Nine-Inch Pie)|
|Onion||1 , thinly sliced|
|Gruyere cheese/Swiss cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs), cubed|
|Parmesan cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), grated|
|Eggs||4 , lightly beaten|
|Heavy cream/1 cup each milk and cream||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|White pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
1. Preheat oven to hot (450° F.).
2. Line a nine-inch pie plate with pastry and bake five minutes.
3. Cook the bacon until crisp and remove it from the skillet. Pour off all but one tablespoon of the fat remaining in the skillet. Cook the onion in the remaining fat until the onion is transparent.
4. Crumble the bacon and sprinkle the bacon, onion and cheeses over the inside of the partly baked pastry.
5. Combine the eggs, cream, nutmeg, salt and pepper and strain over the onion-cheese mixture.
6. Bake the pie fifteen minutes, reduce the oven temperature to moderate (350° F.) and bake until a knife inserted one inch from the pastry edge comes out clean, about ten minutes longer.