|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Undiluted evaporated milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Active dry yeast||1 Tablespoon (1 Package)|
|Warm water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||3 1⁄4 Cup (52 tbs)|
|Egg white||1 , unbeaten|
1. Cream the butter with the 1/3 cup sugar and salt in a large bowl. Beat in the evaporated milk.
2. Soften yeast in the warm water.
3. Beat egg yolk with the eggs until thick and piled softly. Gradually add to the creamed mixture, beating constantly until fluffy. Blend in the yeast.
4. Add the flour, about 1/2 cup at a time, beating thoroughly after each addition. Cover; let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 2 hours.
5. Stir down and beat thoroughly. Cover tightly with moisture-vaporproof material and refrigerate overnight.
6. Remove from refrigerator and stir down the dough. Turn onto a lightly floured surface and divide into two portions, one using about three fourths of the dough, the other about one fourth.
7. Cut each portion into 16 equal pieces. Roll each piece into a smooth ball. Place each large ball in a well-greased muffin-pan well (2 3/4 x 1 1/4 inches). Make a deep indentation with finger in center of each large ball; then moisten each depression slightly with cold water. Press a small ball into each depression.
8. Cover; let rise again until more than doubled, about 1 hour.
9. Brush tops of rolls with a mixture of the .gg white and 1 tablespoon sugar.
10. Bake at 375Â°F about 15 minutes, or until golden brown.