|Blueberry syrup||4 Tablespoon (blueberry crush)|
|White chocolate||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Milk||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Powdered sugar||1 Tablespoon|
|Beaten whipped cream||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Vanilla essence||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Lemon juice||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
- Combine the white chocolate and milk in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave on HIGH for 30 seconds. Remove and mix well using a spatula until no lumps remain.
- Strain the mixture using a sieve and keep aside.
- Combine the sugar and beaten whipped cream in a deep bowl and fold gently.
- Add the white chocolate-milk mixture and fold gently.
- Add the vanilla essence, lemon juice and blueberry crush and once again fold gently.
- Pour equal quantities of the mixture into 4 individual bowls/glasses and tap each bowl/glass gently to get an even layered mousse.
- Refrigerate them for at least 2 to 3 hours or till the mousse sets.
- Serve chilled garnished with chocolate fans.
You can also melt the chocolate-milk mixture in a double-boiler.
For the chocolate fans:
- To make chocolate fans, pour a little melted chocolate on a clean dry marble surface. Now spread the melted chocolate using a palette knife from left to right and viceversa 4 to 5 times to temper the chocolate. Refer diagram 1. This is done to cool the melted chocolate slightly and also to give shin.
- With light pressure, run the dough cutter down the chocolate layer. You simply want to scrape off a small layer, not cut into the chocolate. As you are creating your fan shape, you can use your free hand to guide the strip of chocolate into gentle folds, waves or a fan. Refer diagram 2.
Calories 562 Calories from Fat 392
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 43 g66.4%
Saturated Fat 28.1 g140.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 130.7 mg43.6%
Sodium 91.5 mg3.8%
Total Carbohydrates 32 g10.8%
Dietary Fiber 0.25 g1%
Sugars 30.2 g
Protein 3 g6.9%
Vitamin A 2.3% Vitamin C 2.1%
Calcium 16.5% Iron 0.03%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet