Fresh With Anna Olson
Fresh with Anna Olson refers to a cookery show hosted by Anna Olson at the backdrop of her home located in Niagara, Ontario. The show is a collaborated production of Peace Point Entertainment Group and Food Network Canada. The show is running over Food Network with its second season presently in Canada.
History of Fresh with Anna Olson
Fresh with Anna Olson began in the year 2008 on Food Network in Canada and is currently running with its second season.
Format of Fresh with Anna Olson
Fresh with Anna Olson recipes are showcased in the show to prepare three recipes to mark a special event or a traditional community event. In every episode, Anna Olson is shown calling on a local grocer available in the Niagara region to choose a single or many key ingredients needed to prepare her meal. Her philosophy of cooking “eat fresh, eat local" is the inspiration to name the show title.
Noteworthy Episodes and Recipes of the Show
Fresh with Anna Olson recipes were shown in season one with the host preparing them based on a theme for each episode. Some of the themes of her show include :
Season one episodes:
- Country Wedding
- Beach Party
- April's Shower
- All Ages Dinner
- Chardes Night
- Alsatian Reminiscing
- Cooking for a Crowd
- Season two episodes :
- Cooking class
- Bacchanalia Buffet
- Baby-sized Bites
- Appetizing Appetizers
- Chef’s Dinner
- Boating Breakfast
- Chili Fest
Food Network Canada was the original broadcaster of the show which was later on syndicated by the Asian Food Channel.
- Roasted Vegetable Tart is among Fresh with Anna Olson recipes to prepare tart using butternut squash, spices, seasonings and herbs.
- Honey Oat Roasted Pears is a delicious as well as a healthy recipe made using rolled oats, brown sugar, spices and seasonings.
- Country Style Ribs is among Fresh with Anna Olson recipes to prepare meat using bacon, garlic and marsala.
- Vegetable Tagine is a typical appetizer made using onions, sweet potato, carrots, parsnips, celery, garlic, some spices and seasonings.
Fresh with Anna Olson Trivia
Anna Olson happens to be a pastry chef currently residing at Welland city of in the Niagara area of Ontario. Earlier she hosted the show Canada's Sugar and Kitchen Equipped on Food Network.
The show was awarded thrice including :
- WorldFest award at the Houston International Film Festival in 2009
- Gold Remi Award for Television & Cable Productions for the series Lifestyle Programming
- Hugo Television Award in Chicago International Film Festival with a Certificate of Merit in Television Series in 2009