Cook Yourself Thin
Cook Yourself Thin is a British cooking show that is hosted by three culinary experts Harry Eastwood, Allison Fishman and Candice Kumai, who show their guests on how to cut down on calories, while keeping the dishes delicious, healthy and full of flavor. The Cook Yourself Thin recipes are meant for the health conscious and help in getting rid of unwanted inches without going on extreme dieting routines. The hosts prepare the dishes and show them step-by-step to the guests and also compare the cooking thin calories with that of the original recipes. On completion of every episode, the guests are given ingredients, tools and healthy tips to make changes in the kitchen, by the hosts of Cook Yourself Thin.
History of Cook Yourself Thin
Cook Yourself Thin is a British cooking show that started as a way to show people how they can cut down on calories without cutting down on taste and flavor. Though it started in UK, today it is popular even in USA on Food Network and Channel 4. The show focuses on both Vegetarian as well as non-vegetarian Cook Yourself Thin foods, while some delectable dishes are prepared on by the hosts on every episode of Cook Yourself Thin.
Format of Cook Yourself Thin
Cook Yourself Thin is a cooking show that emphasizes on how to prepare delicious and healthy foods, while cutting down on the unwanted calories. Every episode focuses on a particular set of dishes and the kind of healthy ingredients that can be used for these Cook Yourself Thin recipes. The three hosts of the how cater to the guests’ queries on easily preparing healthy and tasty low calories dishes. At the end of each episode, the guests are given a kit that contains tools and ingredients that will help them prepare healthy meals at home and make their kitchen a healthier place. After six weeks, the hosts of the show visit their guests at their homes to see how well they have followed their Cook Yourself Thin tips.
Noteworthy Episodes of Cook Yourself Thin
Cook Yourself Thin is quite a popular show and has over 1000 recipes to its credit that range from appetizers, side dishes, snacks, main course dishes, salads, desserts, etc. In fact, all these recipes can be found in the Cook Yourself Thin cookbook. These recipes range from chicken, beef, pork, fish, and even lot many vegetarian dishes.
Some popular episodes of the Cook Yourself Thin show are –
1) Spicy Dinner Options – Tortilla Soup, Chicken and Veggie Curry, Spanish Style Paprika Shrimp, Chicken Tacos with Lime Mayo are a few delicious recipes of this episode.
2) Healthy Holiday Breakfasts – Mango Morning, Orange Surprise, Apple Mini Muffins, Banana Bread are a few Cook Yourself Thin breakfast recipes shown on this episode of the show.
3) Starters and Sides – Roasted Cauliflowers, Greek Salad Pitza, Citrus Slaw, Garlicky Fries are a few cooking thin recipes shown on this episode.
4) Easy Weeknight Dinners – One Dish Fish, Baked Ziti, Flank Steak Spirals, Open Lasagna, Sloppy Joes are some popular Cook Yourself Thin recipes of this episode.
5) No Guilt Desserts – Pumpkin Spice Cookies, Toffee Bars, Dessert Calzone, Chocolate Cake, Fat Free Meringue Kisses are some Cook Yourself Thin recipes shown on this episode.