Chocolate Fondant Pudding
|Dark chocolate||200 Gram|
|Egg yolks||4 Medium|
1. In a saucepan, melt the chocolate and butter over low heat. Stir continuously until completely melted and there are no lumps. Once done, remove the saucepan from the stove and set aside to allow to cool.
2. In a bowl, put together the egg yolks and whole eggs. Whisk them together until thoroughly combined.
3. Then add the sugar and continue whisking until light and fluffy and all the sugar has been combined.
4. Pour in the completely cooled chocolate and butter mixture and fold into the eggs.
5. Add in the flour and using a wooden spoon fold through the flour until well combined. Allow the mixture to stand at room temperature for at least 30 minutes.(You may let the mixture stand for 3 - 4 hours, if desired)
6. Grease baking molds with cooking spray.
7. Pour the mixture into the molds to fill them 3/4 full.
8. Place in a moderate oven at 165 C, set on fan forced for 12 minutes.
9. Once done, remove from the oven and set aside for 5 - 10 minutes to cool down slightly.
10. Once cool enough to handle, use a butter knife to ease the edges of the pudding and loosen it up. Turn the mold upside down on a plate to un-mold the pudding.
11. Serve with ice cream, cream, plain yogurt or creme fresh. Garnish with a fanned strawberry and drizzle some berry cool over the top.
Calories 659 Calories from Fat 380
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 43 g66%
Saturated Fat 25.2 g125.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 321.8 mg107.3%
Sodium 57.7 mg2.4%
Total Carbohydrates 62 g20.7%
Dietary Fiber 2.6 g10.4%
Sugars 49.6 g
Protein 8 g16.4%
Vitamin A 22.7% Vitamin C
Calcium 5.7% Iron 22%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet