Basic White Fondant
|Granulated sugar||3 Cup (48 tbs), sifted|
|Hot water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|White corn syrup||1 Tablespoon|
|Cream of tartar||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
1) In a medium saucepan, place together sugar, corn syrup or cream of tartar and water.
2) Simmer, stirring constantly until candy thermometer reads 238°-242°.
3) Transfer the sugar mixture onto marble slab or stainless steel pan.
4) Allow the sugar mixture to cool down to110°F.
5) Work syrup until it is thick, white, and creamy.
6) Leave the sugar mixture to cool.
7) Shape into balls for dipping in melted chocolate or knead in a few drops red, yellow or green food coloring and shape in fondant moulds if desired.
8) Serve at room temperature.