1. In a large mixing bowl, add warm milk, yeast, and honey and mix until honey is thoroughly dissolved. If possible, let stand for about 10-15 minutes.
2. Mix in salt and vegetable oil.
3. Fold in the flour and with your hands (wash them first), mix the ingredients until a soft and elastic dough begins to form. Add more flour if needed.
4. Divide dough into 8-12 pieces and shape them into flat 6-inch disks.
5. Place disks on a parchment-paper lined baking sheet and cover with a clean damp towel while oven is preheating.
6. Preheat oven to 500 degrees.
7. When the oven reaches 500 degrees, bake pitas for 4-5 minutes, until puffed.
8. Let cool and serve with anything you want!!! Enjoy!
TheDeliciousCook.com (previously known as CookingForYouAndMe.com) with Ronnie Woo presents a video recipe for how to make homemade pita bread that is chewy and fluffy! What more is that, this recipe is really freezer friendly - you can store the dough for quite some time in there. Pita bread can be served with a variety of accompaniments. Enjoy!