Fresh Couronne Bordelaise
|Instant yeast||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
1. Preheat oven to 475 degree.
2. Take a small bowl, put flour and instant yeast in it. Mix it well.
3. In a large bowl, take water. Slowly mix the flour into it. Incorporate all the ingredients and knead it for 1 minute.
4. Add salt to the dough, mix well, and allow it to set overnight.
5. Next, sprinkle flour on the work station.
6. Using a scale, divide the dough into 7 balls. Six balls weighing about 100 grams each, and another one of about 150 grams.
7. Roll the balls on the board, and turn them into a nice tight sphere. Pinch and close the seam side. Set it aside.
8. Now, roll the 150 gram ball round, just like pizza dough. Using a rolling pin, roll it into a disc. Allow it to set.
9. Meanwhile, take a 9 inch pie plate, and then place a soufflé cup upside down in the center of the plate.
10. Use a kitchen towel, and drape it in the middle. Sprinkle flour in a generous amount all over the towel. Your couronne basket is ready. Set it aside.
11. Roll out the dough disc again. Manipulate it and try to give it a round shape with 8 inch diameter.
12. Place the disc on the couronne basket in such a way that the edge of the dough comes in middle of the cup, and the edge of the plate.
13. Place the dough balls evenly around the cup.
14. Using a sharp knife cut the dough disc from between the dough balls across to the other side. Keep in mind that you do not cut the towel. Do it between all the balls.
15. Fold the triangle over onto the top of each neighboring dough ball. Press it with light hands.
16. Sprinkle little flour on top of the dough and put it into a plastic bag. Allow it to proof for 1 or 1 ½ hour, depending on the room temperature.
17. On a peel, sprinkle flour, and invert the tray on it. Remove the plate, bowl and the towel.
18. Give it a little shake to ensure that it is not sticking to the surface of the peel.
19. Onto a baking pan, slide the dough, cover it with lid and allow it to bake for 15 minutes.
20. Open the lid, and again bake for 15 minutes.
21. Allow it to cool and serve it with a nice dipping.
Usually when you roll the dough like this, it tends to spring back. So, it is always better to allow them to set back for a minute, so that it is easy to roll.
Calories 856 Calories from Fat 19
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 2 g3.6%
Saturated Fat 0.37 g1.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 1167.8 mg48.7%
Total Carbohydrates 179 g59.7%
Dietary Fiber 6.5 g25.9%
Sugars 0.6 g
Protein 24 g48.9%
Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 0%
Calcium 3.6% Iron 61.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet