White Flour Blini
|Milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Yeast||1⁄8 Ounce (1/2 package)|
|Sifted flour||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Eggs||3 , separated|
|Butter||5 Tablespoon, melted|
1. Scald the milk and allow it to cool to lukewarm. Add the yeast and stir until the yeast has softened.
2. Add the sugar and one and one-half cups of the flour and mix well. Cover and set in a pan of warm water until double in bulk, about one and one-quarter hours.
3. Beat the egg yolks with the butter and salt. Add to the batter. Add the remaining flour and beat until smooth. Cover and let rise as before until double in bulk, approximately thirty minutes.
4. Beat the egg whites until stiff and fold into the batter. Let the mixture stand for ten minutes.
5. Preheat a lightly buttered griddle until it is hot. Using one tablespoon of batter for each pancake, bake until golden brown on both sides, turning once.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2431 Calories from Fat 832
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 94 g144.9%
Saturated Fat 52.2 g261%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 840.9 mg280.3%
Sodium 1376.5 mg57.4%
Total Carbohydrates 322 g107.3%
Dietary Fiber 10.4 g41.6%
Sugars 36 g
Protein 73 g146.2%
Vitamin A 61.3% Vitamin C 0.01%
Calcium 66.6% Iron 113.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet