Turban Of Flounder And Macadamia
|Celery||1 Cup (16 tbs), sliced|
|Chicken broth||21 1⁄2 Ounce, condensed (2 Cans,10.75 Ounce Each)|
|Regular rice||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs) (Raw)|
|Diced cooked shrimp||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Drained pineapple tidbits||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Flounder fillets||2 Pound, 8 thin fillets|
|Green onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), sliced|
|Macadamia nuts||1 Tablespoon|
|Pimiento||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
1. Preheat the oven at 350°F.
2. Take a saucepan, melt butter and cook celery in it until it turns soft.
3. Blend in rice and ¾ cup broth and boil.
4. Cover and simmer for about 20 minutes until the rice is cooked until the liquid gets absorbed.
5. Stir in pineapple and shrimp.
6. Arrange a 5-cup well-buttered ring mold such that the fish fillets are placed over it in alternating manner with narrow and wide ends overlapping each other. Allow the ends to stay outside the mold. Add shrimp mixture and fold the fillets such that their ends come over the top. Arrange the mold on baking sheet and bake for about 40 minutes.
7. Strain off excess liquid, and put the cake rack above mold. Invert the rack but don-€™t allow it to unmold.
8. Unmold the rack over the serving platter.
9. Take a saucepan, melt butter in it and sautÃ© onion until they turn soft.
10. Blend in 1 can broth, nuts, sherry and pimiento.
11. Stir cornstarch into remain ½ cup broth and add this mixture itno sauce.
12. Boil the mixture until it thickens.
13. Serve the mixture over the mold.