Fillets Of Flounder Sorrento
|Olive oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1 Large, thinly sliced|
|Minced garlic||2 Teaspoon|
|No salt added canned tomatoes||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Chopped fresh oregano/1 teaspoon dried oregano||1 Tablespoon|
|Black pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Pitted black olives||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), coarsely chopped|
|Flounder fillets||1 1⁄2 Pound (4 Fillets)|
|Dry white wine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. In a medium skillet, warm the oil over medium heat. Add the onion and saute, stirring occasionally, until light golden, about 8 minutes.
2. Add the garlic and saute for 1 minute. Add the tomatoes, oregano, and pepper. Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer until the sauce is thickened, about 15 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 450°.
4. Add the olives and capers to the sauce, and simmer for 5 minutes to blend the flavors. Remove the pan from the heat.
5. Coat the baking dish with a spoonful of the sauce. Place a fillet in the dish and top with a spoonful of the sauce. Overlap with a second fillet and top with sauce. Add the remaining fish and sauce in the same manner.
6. Pour the wine over the fish and bake for 6 to 8 minutes, or until the fish just flakes when tested with a fork.
7. Transfer the fish to a platter. Strain the pan juices into a small saucepan. Cook over high heat until slightly thickened, 2 to 3 minutes. Pour the reduced pan juices over the fillets and serve.