Flounder with Lemon Cream
|Unsalted butter||2 Tablespoon, melted|
|Fresh lemon juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Lemon zest||1 Tablespoon, grated|
|Black pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Flounder fillets||4 Small (or red snapper fillets ( 1 1/pounds total ))|
|Dijon mustard||1 Teaspoon|
|Dry mustard||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Heavy cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Preheat the broiler. Line a broiler pan with foil.
2. In a small bowl, combine the melted butter, 2 tablespoons of the lemon juice, 1 teaspoon of the lemon zest, 1/2 teaspoon of the tarragon, the salt, and pepper.
3. Place the fish on the prepared broiler pan. Brush the lemon-butter mixture over the fish. Broil the fish 4 inches from the heat for about 7 minutes, or until the fish is cooked through and just flakes when tested with a fork.
4. Meanwhile, in a mixer bowl, combine the Dijon mustard, dry mustard, and the remaining 2 tablespoons lemon juice, 2 teaspoons lemon zest, and 1/2 teaspoon tarragon.
5. Gradually beat the cream into the mixture in a thin stream. Continue beating until the cream forms soft peaks. Be careful not to over-beat, as the lemon juice makes the cream more susceptible to curdling.
6. Serve the fish topped with a dollop of the lemon cream.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1609 Calories from Fat 1030
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 116 g178.8%
Saturated Fat 61.7 g308.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 599.2 mg199.7%
Sodium 3013.7 mg125.6%
Total Carbohydrates 57 g19.1%
Dietary Fiber 3.1 g12.3%
Sugars 20.8 g
Protein 88 g176.9%
Vitamin A 55% Vitamin C 85.3%
Calcium 31.8% Iron 14.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet