Tomato and Herb Flatbread
|Hot roll mix||13 3⁄4 Ounce (1 package, Pillsbury)|
|Mashed potato flakes||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs) (Hungry Jack)|
|Water||1 1⁄3 Cup (21.33 tbs), heated to 130 deg f (adjust quantity as needed)|
|Margarine/Butter||2 Tablespoon, softened|
|Italian tomato paste||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Italian seasoning||1 Teaspoon|
|Coarse ground black pepper||To Taste|
1. Grease 15x10x1-inch baking pan.
2. Sprinkle it with cornmeal.
3. Preheat oven to 375°F.
3. In a large bowl, mix flour mixture with yeast and potato flakes.
4. Stir in hot water, margarine and egg until dough pulls away from sides of bowl.
5. With greased fingers, pat dough into bottom of greased pan and sprinkle cornmeal over it.
6. In a small bowl, mix tomato paste, olive oil and seasoning.
7. Spread evenly over the top of dough.
8. Cover it with greased plastic wrap.
9. Set it aside (80 to 85°F.) for 30 minutes.
10. Uncover dough.
11. Sprinkle black pepper over tomato paste mixture.
12. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes.
13. Serve as a snack.
Calories 530 Calories from Fat 101
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 11 g17.5%
Saturated Fat 2 g10.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 52.9 mg17.6%
Sodium 835.1 mg34.8%
Total Carbohydrates 90 g29.8%
Dietary Fiber 4.6 g18.3%
Sugars 11.5 g
Protein 13 g26%
Vitamin A 8% Vitamin C 2.5%
Calcium 1.5% Iron 23.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet