Karipap sardines is a famous Malaysian snack. It is very simple to make this dish. The right consistency of the dough is required for the karipap sardines.
245 Gram (in tomato sauce)
4 Cup (64 tbs)
4 Small, chopped finely
2 Medium, diced
1. In a bowl, sift the flour and add salt. Rub in the butter into the flour until it resembles breadcrumbs. Then slowly add in the water and combine to form a soft dough into the form of a ball.
2. If you find that the dough is dry you can add a tablespoon of water. Then rest the dough.
3. Mash the sardines with a fork, and then heat up a bit of oil in a pan and sauté the onions and the chilies until translucent.
4. Add in the sardines and cook until thick. Add in the diced potatoes and lime juice. Season to taste.
5. Then remove the pan from the heat and set it aside to cool down.
6. Get the dough and roll it till its round. Make sure that the dough is not very
thick otherwise it will be difficult to cook. Get one of the round cut dough and fill it with a teaspoon of cooled sardine mixture and fold it in half. Make sure the filling is cold. Then crimp the outside lip of the dough.
7. Now, Heat up the oil in a wok. When it is hot (around 175ºC), deep fry the karipap carefully until golden brown.
8. Drain them on kitchen towel and it’s ready to serve.