Kerala Fish Curry
|Fish||2 Pound (Any Type)|
|Thick coconut milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Onion||1 Medium, thinly sliced|
|Tomato||1 Medium, thinly sliced|
|Ginger||1 Teaspoon, crushed|
|Green chillies||2 , sliced (Optional)|
|Turmeric powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Red chilly powder||1 Teaspoon (To Taste)|
|Curry leaves||1 Tablespoon|
|Tamarind paste/2 pieces kodumpuli||1 Teaspoon|
|Onion||1 , finely chopped|
|Coconut oil||1 Teaspoon (Any Oil)|
1. Wash and soak tamarind pieces (1-2 pieces- if using fresh) in warm water for 20 minutes and keep aside.
2. Add red chilly powder and turmeric powder to the coconut milk. Mix well. You can also add this into a blender and give one or two pulses.
3. Pour this into a heated pan. Add 1 cup water with tamarind and let it boil for 10 minutes on medium high.
4. Make sure the curry has started to thicken. Then add fish, green chillies, ginger, tomatoes, onion and curry leaves. Cover & cook on low flame for a few more minutes. Stir occasionally. Make sure the fish has cooked very well.
1. Heat oil in a pan & stir in the chopped onions. Fry until brown. Add curry leaves. Now add this seasoning to the curry. Serve hot with steamed rice or idiyappam.
For more information please visit: http://www.trynewfood.blogspot.com
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3010 Calories from Fat 997
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 116 g179.2%
Saturated Fat 84 g420.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 471.7 mg157.2%
Sodium 822.5 mg34.3%
Total Carbohydrates 299 g99.6%
Dietary Fiber 10.7 g42.8%
Sugars 266.2 g
Protein 193 g386.4%
Vitamin A 50.6% Vitamin C 156.5%
Calcium 23.7% Iron 55.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet