Rehu Fish Curry
|Rohu fish||1 Pound, cut into small pieces (Rehu)|
|Garlic cloves||4 (4 Pods)|
|Turmeric powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Red chili powder||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Sliced green chili||4|
|Tomato||1⁄2 , cut into small piece|
|Cooking oil||5 Tablespoon|
|Coriander powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Cumin seed powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cilantro leaves||1 Tablespoon (For Garnishing)|
1. Mix the fish with 1/2 tsp turmeric powder and salt. Heat 3 tbsp oil in a frying pan. Fry the fish to golden brown. Set aside when done.
2. Make a paste of onion, ginger and garlic. Heat the rest of the oil. Add the paste, green chili, and all the spices, i.e. turmeric powder, red chili powder, coriander powder, cumin seed powder. For in medium heat for 5 min.
3. Add the chopped tomato and fry in medium heat till the oil leaves the side of the pan.
4. Add the fried fish, and fry for another 5 to 10 min. Add 1/2 cup water, salt to taste and bring to boil. Reduce heat and let it simmer for 10 min.
5. You can garnish it with coriander (cilantro) leaves. Serve hot with basmati rice.