Hilsa Fish Head
|Hilsa||4 (Shad Fish, Use Head Only)|
|Panch phoron||1 Teaspoon|
|Sliced green chili||5|
|Red chili||2 (Whole)|
|Turmeric powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Mustard oil||4 Tablespoon|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Cut each hilsa fish head into four pieces, remove
fins and wash, Mix the pieces well with salt & one
teaspoon turmeric powder and set aside.
2. Heat oil and fry the fish head pieces. Remove and
3. Add panch-phoron and whole red chili in the same
hot oil and fry till light brown.
4. Add all other ingredients and cook in reduced heat
for 8/10 minutes.
5. Add the fried hilsa fish head pieces. Add 1/2 cup
water and cook till water dries out and well fried.
6. Serve hot with rice.