Recipe for the challenge is Eomandu, korean fish dumplings.
Cod fish fillet
Wood ear mushrooms
2 Ounce, thinly sliced
2 Ounce, cut in 1 inch long pieces
Mung bean sprouts
2 Ounce, rinse and remove tails
2 Ounce, cut in 1 inch match sticks
Minari water dropwort fern
2 Ounce, remove leaves and cut stems in 1 inch pieces
For marinating the mushrooms
2 Pinch (Optional)
1 Cup (16 tbs) (for dredging the fish fillet)
For dipping sauce
1. Rinse and soak the dry Wood Ear mushrooms in water for 30 mins.
2. Make thin slices and discard the middle woody portion in them.
3. In a bowl, combine all the ingredients of the mushroom marinade (soy sauce, sesame oil, garlic powder and sugar) and allow the thinly sliced wood ear mushrooms to sit in it.
4. Season the fish fillets with salt and water and set aside for 10 minutes.
5. Chop all the veggies as specified in the video.
6. Combine all the ingredients for the dipping sauce.
7. Dredge the fish fillets generously in the corn flour.
8. Fill a few slice of each of the ingredients chopped for filling it.
9. Throw in a couple of pine nuts.
10. Roll it and secure with a toothpick.
11. Heat a steamer with water and lay down a cotton cloth on the surface so that the dumplings do not stick.
12. Place the fish dumplings on it, cover and cook for 5 minutes.
13. Take them off.
14. Serve the fish dumplings alongside the dipping sauce.