Furikake Crusted Seared Opakapaka - Part 1
|Cooking oil||2 Tablespoon (1 tablespoon for fish + 1 tablespoon for sauteing the vegetable medley)|
|Furikake||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Vegetable medley||2 Cup (32 tbs) (asparagus, mung sprouts, carrots and any other greens)|
|Sesame seeds||1 Teaspoon|
|Oyster sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|For the mushroom sauce|
|Shitake mushrooms||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. On a plate pour the furikake, pat down the fish on it meat side down so that it gets well coated with it.
2. In a pan, heat oil and drop the opakapaka with meat side down.
3. Let it sear well so that it gets well crusted with the furikake. Cook the fish on both sides for about 5 minutes in all.
5. Place under the broiler for a few minutes to get it browned.
6. In the mean time, heat a pan with a tablespoon of oil and drop the vegetables.
7. Add the ginger and the oyster sauce and cook until they are warmed through and lightly cooked.
8. Sprinkle sesame seeds and remove from heat.
9. In another pan, melt the butter and throw in the mushrooms.
10. Add shoyu and ginger and cook a little, until the mushrooms shrink and the sauce is reduced.
11. On a plate, spoon in the vegetable medley.
12. Place the furikake crusted and seared opakapaka fillet on top.
13. Drizzle the mushroom sauce.
14. Top with some thinly sliced carrot strips as a garnish and serve.
Watch Furikake Crusted Seared Opakapaka - Part 2 for the full recipe.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1928 Calories from Fat 602
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 66 g101.4%
Saturated Fat 12.7 g63.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 226.8 mg75.6%
Sodium 6218.3 mg259.1%
Total Carbohydrates 233 g77.6%
Dietary Fiber 14.8 g59.2%
Sugars 38.6 g
Protein 63 g126.3%
Vitamin A 591.1% Vitamin C 169.1%
Calcium 13.7% Iron 23.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet