Oven Steamed Fish
|White onions||1 Large, sliced|
|Tomato||4 Medium, thickly sliced|
|Parsley sprigs||1 Bunch (100 gm)|
|Olive oil||4 Tablespoon|
|Basa fillet/Any white fish||4 Medium|
|Lime/Lemon||1 Medium, juiced|
|Salt||1⁄2 Teaspoon (to taste)|
|Pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon (to taste)|
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Spread out a large piece of aluminium foil on the kitchen counter.
3. Layer ¼ of the onion slices on the bottom, top it with ¼ of the tomato slices and ¼ of the parsley sprigs.
4. Add some salt and pepper and drizzle 2 tablespoon olive oil on vegetables.
5. Place 2 fish fillets on the vegetables and add ½ of the lime juice.
6. Season with salt and pepper again and spread ¼ tablespoon mayonnaise on each one.
7. Top the fish with ¼ of the onion slices, ¼ of the tomato slices and ¼ of the parsley sprigs.
8. Grab the edges of the foil and seal them at the top forming a tent. Seal the sides as well.
9. Repeat the process with the second pouch.
10. Place the fish in the oven and cook between 30 minutes.
11. Carefully remove the pouch (do not burn yourself) and let it cool down a bit.
12. Open the top very careful not to burn with the steam and check if the fish is done. If it is not, seal it again and return it to the oven for a few more minutes.
13. In a serving plate, serve the fish with onion and tomato and any side dish of choice.
Calories 297 Calories from Fat 195
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 22 g33.8%
Saturated Fat 3.4 g17.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 37.7 mg12.6%
Sodium 337.1 mg14%
Total Carbohydrates 10 g3.5%
Dietary Fiber 3.1 g12.4%
Sugars 5 g
Protein 17 g34.5%
Vitamin A 62.7% Vitamin C 89.1%
Calcium 5.7% Iron 11.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet