The first installment in this series features grilled fish burgers with jicama, apple & red pepper slaw--a healthy refreshing take on the usual coleslaw, perfect for a hot summer day.
1 , sliced in thin sticks
1 Medium, sliced in thin sticks
Red bell pepper
1 Medium, sliced thin
1. On a plate, place the fish fillet and drizzle olive oil.
2. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Throw them on the grill and cook for about 3 minutes on each side.
4. Chop the jicama, red bell pepper,apple into thin matchsticks like shape.
5. In a bowl of cold water rest the cut veggies.
6. Drain and place them back in the bowl.
7. Squeeze in the lemon juice.
8. Add a pinch of salt and finish off with the lemon zest and the chopped mint. Give it all a mix.
9. Grill the burger buns and place the fish fillet on top of the bun.
10.Spoon in a little of the apple, jicama and red bell pepper slaw.
11.Top with the other part of the bun.
12. Serve alongside sliced tomatoes, avocado and mustard.