Upscale your grilled fish (inihaw na isda) with some few ingredients and have fun with needle! This easy to make weekend ulam recipe is grilled dorada fish stuffed with tomatoes, onions and garlic.
1 Large, cleaned (with scales)
3 Clove (15 gm)
2 Teaspoon (To taste)
1 Teaspoon (To taste)
1. Mix tomatoes, onions, salt and pepper.
2. Fill the cleaned inside cavity of the fish with the above mixture.
3. With a needle and thread stitch up the fish belly.
4. Rub the fish with salt.
5. Place it on the grill and cook until it looks done and has attractive grill marks on it.
6. Squeeze in half a lemon on it and serve right away.
Don't forget the to tell the fish vendor NOT to remove the fish scales when they ask to clean it for you. Whole fish with its scales intact is easier to grill and your fish will not dry up. Don't worry if you char it, just don't burn it! Be careful when you stitch up the fish. You can use the regular hand sewing needle and thread. If you are not up for some stitching, you can hold it together with some sturdy toothpicks.