Join Toby in preparing this simple sole recipe from fellow Registered Dietitian Brenda Ponichtera and her book "Quick & Healthy Recipes and Ideas", 3rd edition, 2008 by Small Steps Press. A little French dressing and apricot preserves turns plain fish into an evening in Paris.
Fat free french dressing
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)
Sugar free apricot preserve
Onion/Dried onion powder 1 tablespoon
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), fresh minced
Cooking oil spray
1. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees if you plan to bake.
2. In a small bowl, mix dressing, apricot preserves, water and then onion; mix and keep aside.
3. Spray a large baking pan with vegetable cooking oil.
4. Into the greased pan, lay the fish fillets in single layer.
5. If you are microwaving, cover the dish with plastic wrap and microwave on high for 4-6 minutes depending on the thickness of the fillet.
6. Drain excess liquid and spoon the glaze over the fish fillets.
7. Microwave for another 2-3 minutes until the sauce is heated.
8. For oven users, bake the fish without plastic wrap for 4-5 minutes for every ½ inch thickness.
9. Drain excess liquid and spoon the glaze over the fish fillets.
10. Bake for another 2-3 minutes until the sauce is heated.
11. Serve delicious French Glazed Fish over a bed of fresh lettuce leaves.