Broiled Mahi Mahi with Pineapple Salsa
|Mahi mahi||1 Pound|
|Pineapple||1⁄2 Medium, chopped finely (for the salsa)|
|Green bell pepper||1 Large, chopped finely (for the salsa)|
|Onion||1 Medium, chopped finely (for the salsa)|
|Cilantro||1⁄2 Bunch (50 gm), chopped finely (for the salsa)|
|Minced garlic||1 Tablespoon|
|Chopped jalapenos||1 Teaspoon|
|Lime||1 Medium, zest and juice|
|Pineapple juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Rum||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Corn||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Chop the pineapple, green bell pepper, onion and cilantro finely.
2. In a bowl mix together the pineapple, green bell pepper, onion, cilantro, garlic and jalapenos.
3. Zest a lime and put it in another bowl.
4. Add the lime juice to it.
5. Next goes in the pineapple juice and the rum.
6. Sprinkle in the paprika in the marinade.
7. Add the fish pieces in it for marination.
8. Spray the broil pan with non stick cooking spray before placing the fish on it.
9. Broil the fish for 8 minutes flipping them over once.
10.Put the corn in boiling water and drain them off before serving.
11. Take a plate, place the broiled fish and top it with the pineapple salsa and add corn to the side.
Calories 658 Calories from Fat 50
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6 g8.9%
Saturated Fat 0.56 g2.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 160 mg53.3%
Sodium 263.6 mg11%
Total Carbohydrates 99 g32.9%
Dietary Fiber 13.2 g52.8%
Sugars 35.5 g
Protein 52 g104.3%
Vitamin A 72.7% Vitamin C 382%
Calcium 11.3% Iron 23%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet