1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Line a baking sheet with foil and grease it with oil
3. Pat the fish dry with a paper toweling.
4. Rub the fish with olive oil then squeeze fresh lime juice over it.
5. Crust the fish with whole wheat breadcrumbs. Place on baking sheet.
6. Season with cracker black pepper and a little bit of sea salt. Top with a few capers or with parmesan if you like.
7. Spray with a little olive oil if you wish
8. Bake for about 20 minutes, until fish flakes easily and crust is golden brown.
This is an easy, heart-healthy haddock recipe that can be used for any other mild whit fish as well. Haddock is lightly breaded with whole wheat bread crumbs and baked. Butter is replaced by heart healthy olive oil, lemon juice adds a zing and the capers gives it’s the required saltiness. Quick and easy to prepare, it's a nice alternative to deep frying and chicken. This no-fail, simple recipe is a hit every time, even with “no fish” eaters! Add a little crushed garlic to crumb mix if you have garlic lovers