Chef MJ cooks up rainbow trout with a terragon aioli.
1 , pasteurized
Pasteurized egg yolk
15 Milliliter (1 Tablespoon)
10 Tablespoon, divided
125 Milliliter (1/2 Cup)
1 Small, minced
1 Teaspoon, finely chopped
5 Milliliter (1 Teaspoon)
30 Milliliter (2 Tablespoon)
600 Gram, fresh (2 trouts 300 grams each)
20 Ounce (2, 10 Ounce Or 300 Gram Each)
1. Preheat the grill and brush it using canola oil.
2. Rub canola oil on both sides of the fish.
3. Place the fish on the grill and cook for 5-6 minutes on each side.
4. For the aioli, in a blender jar, put the egg yolk and lemon juice. Blend well.
5. Remove the center piece from the blender lid and gradually stream in the canola oil while blending. The emulsion should have a consistency of mayonnaise.
6. Transfer the mixture into a container and stir in tarragon and garlic.
7. Serve the grilled trout with tarragon aioli.
This fish can be made in a saute pan as well.
If your aioli is runny, the oil has been added too quickly to form an emulsion. You will need to start process again with new ingredients.