1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Grease the baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Season both sides of salmon pieces with salt and pepper and set aside.
FOR WRAPPED SALMON
3. Heat oil in a saute pan and saute the garlic and ginger until softened, then add cilantro, green onion, and cook for 30 seconds. Remove from heat.
4. Carefully moisten 1 piece of rice paper in warm water for about 30 seconds until softened, and then spread out on a cutting board and lightly pat dry with a paper towel.
5. Put 1 heaping tablespoon of the ginger-garlic-herb mixture on the center of the rice paper and spread it around a bit. Place salmon on top, and tightly fold ends of the rice paper up and around the salmon to make a package.
6. Repeat with all pieces and place salmon bundles aside to set in the refrigerator for at least 5 minutes.
7. Heat a large skillet with vegetable oil. Add salmon bundles to the pan, sealed side down, and brown for about 1-2 minutes. Flip the bundles and brown on the other side for about another 1-2 minutes.
8. Transfer to a lightly greased baking sheet and pop into the oven to cook for about 6-7 minutes.
9. Recipe follows.
FOR HOISIN LIME SAUCE
10. In a liquid measuring cup or bowl mix hoisin sauce, orange juice, lime juice and garlic and microwave for 1 minute. Stir well.
11. Drizzle the hoisin lime sauce over the salmon bundles, garnish with chopped cilantro and serve.
This Salmon in Rice Paper Wrap is a perfect meal for weekends, or if you have special guests over for dinner. Easy to prepare and very flavorful. The hoisin and lime sauce accompanies it perfectly with its tartness. Take a look at this video and give it a go.