Senegalese Thiebou Dien
|Rice||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Fish||4 Large (Salmon)|
|Hot water||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Fresh tomato||3 , mashed|
|Tomato paste||3 Tablespoon|
|Parsley||1 Bunch (100 gm), crushed|
|Carrot||1 Large, cut into small piecess|
|Potatoes||2 , cut into pieces|
|Onion||1 Large, minced|
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm) (Crushed Or Chopped)|
|Eggplant||2 Small, cut into slices|
|Cabbage||1 , cut into 4 pieces|
|Peanut oil||4 Tablespoon|
|Chicken seasoning/Maggi seasoning||2|
|Chili||4 , crushed|
|Black pepper||1 Teaspoon|
1. For the stuffing, mix parsley, half of the garlic, a little bit chili, salt and 1/2 Maggi cube.
2. Stuff the mixture into the fish (watch the video for more details).
3. Heat the oil and add onions, tomato, tomato paste, the remaining garlic and black pepper.
4. Fry for 5 minutes.
5. Add the fish, chicken seasonings (or Maggi), bay leaves and 1 cup of water.
6. Let it simmer until the fish is done, around 15 minutes.
7. Remove the fish and add the vegetable with 1 cup of water.
8. Cook the vegetables till done, about 20 minutes and remove (make sure that the vegetable are done before you remove them and also do not overcook them, as some may need more cooking time like the carrot).
9. Add the okra with the remaining water, salt and chili.
10. After 5 minutes remove the okra.
11. Add the rice (to make the rice easy to cook, soak it in some hot water for 30 minutes before adding).
12. Cook it on low heat, flipping the rice often so it is well cooked.
13. When serving, place the rice in a dish and arrange the vegetables and fish on top. Then enjoy it!