|Whole fish/Red snapper / trout||2 1⁄2 Pound, scaled and cleaned (Fresh)|
|Green onion stalks||2 , cut in 1-inch slivers (Scallion)|
|Fresh ginger slices||3 , about the size of quarters, slivered|
|Soy sauce||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1) In a wide, shallow dish that has a 1-inch high rim, put the fish.
2) On a rack in an electric frying pan or a wok that has been filled about 2 inches deep with water, place the dish. Ensure that the water does not come up the sides of the dish with the fish in it.
3) Over the fish, spread ½ of the green onions and ginger strips. Top with the soy sauce.
4) Cover the pan and gently steam the fish for about 20 minutes, till it is cooked, soft and moist.
5) Take the dish out of the wok or pan and pour off all the excess liquid.
6) Put the freshly cooked fish on a serving platter and sprinkle with the remaining green onions. Pour some soy sauce over the fish and serve while still piping hot. Makes a good and healthy side dish.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1115 Calories from Fat 188
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 21 g32.3%
Saturated Fat 0.29 g1.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 7209.2 mg300.4%
Total Carbohydrates 36 g12%
Dietary Fiber 4.5 g18%
Sugars 5.2 g
Protein 187 g373.5%
Vitamin A 278.6% Vitamin C 20.7%
Calcium 274.4% Iron 310.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet