1. Apply salt and lemon juice on fish pieces very well and set aside for 20 minutes.
2. Put in fresh coconut in to blender, add garam masala, red chili powder, water and grind to make smooth puree.
3. After 20 minutes wash fish very well under cold water and pat dry using paper towel.
4. Put the fish pieces into a bowl, and add ginger garlic paste, turmeric powder and keep aside.
5. In a sauce pan, heat oil, add chopped onion and cook until onion becomes soft.
6. Add chopped garlic and cook for a minute.
7. Add coriander powder and cook for 2 minutes.
8. Add coconut paste and cook for 7 minutes.
9. Add water, mix, add salt, tamarind pulp and mix well.
10. Add fish pieces, cover and cook for 5 minutes.
11. After 5 minutes, open the lid, flip the fish over to the other side and cook for 5 more minutes
12. Serve the hot fish with Rice Roti or Jawar Bhakari!
This Maharashtrian Style Fish Curry is guaranteed to make your mouth water. If you love the Indian gravies and curries, then this is it! You can serve this versatile curry with rice, roti or just about anything else. Watch and learn, folks!