Broiled Blue Fish Fillets
|Bluefish fillets||32 Ounce (4 Eight-Ounce, With Skin Left On)|
|Fresh lemon juice||2 Tablespoon, strained|
|Vegetable oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Butter||4 Tablespoon, melted|
|Sesame seeds||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. Setting the broiler pan and its grid 4 inches from the heat, preheat the broiler to its highest point.
2. Wash the fillets briefly under cold running water and pat them completely dry with paper towels.
3. Season the fish on both sides with the lemon juice and salt.
4. With a pastry brush, spread the vegetable oil over the grid of the broiler pan and arrange the bluefish fillets on it, skin side down.
5. Brush the fillets with 2 tablespoons of the melted butter and broil about 4 inches from the heat for 4 to 5 minutes.
6. Baste the fish once or twice with the remaining butter.
7. Check for the doneness of the fillets if the flesh is lightly brown and flakes easily if prodded gently with a fork.
8. Sprinkle the sesame seeds evenly over the fillets, broil for a minute or so longer to brown the seeds and serve at once.